Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Boys have a penis. Girls have a vagina.

See it's that simple. However if I have learned one truth in life, it's that parents are complete fucking retards when it comes to their own kids. Seriously. Have you ever known a truly great parent? Most of them are utterly irrational morons when it comes to their own kids. But I suppose that's just the nature of parents. I'm sure IF I ever have kids, I'll join the ranks of the functional stupid parents.

Now that I've got that mini-rant out of the way, onto the the actual point of this post. Some parents decided to try and get an elementary school teacher fired because Mr. McBeth decided to become Ms. McBeth.
I, as a parent, am appalled to have this issue brought into my child's psychology," Steve Bond said...
"I will not allow you to put my kids in a petri dish and hope it all turns out fine," said Mark Schnepp, who had taken out an ad in a local newspaper urging parents to turn out for the meeting.
I think these parents who were speaking against hiring back Ms. McBeth were just being paranoid, overprotective parents. I doubt these kids could even comprehend a sex change. Even if kids vaguely understood it, I doubt they'd even think twice about it. Besides, a good teacher is a terrible thing to waste. People should be judged on their talent, not their sexual preferences (obvious exception being rapists and child molestors).

Several parents and students spoke at the same school board meeting in favor of hiring back Ms. McBeth. The school board ultimately voted 4-1 in favor of hiring back Ms. McBeth.