Thursday, September 01, 2005

If you haven't already, go donate some money.

Being in Amsterdam, I've been out of the loop a bit on events in the U.S. I had no idea how bad Hurricane Katrina until I saw Bush's speech last night on BBC World. So, I hope everyone out there donates some money to help out the victims of this disaster.

I'm really glad that my home state Texas, and Houston in particular, are stepping up to help out the victims of Katrina. The Houston Chronicle has setup a webpage for victims who need housing and Astrodome is being used as temporary housing for roughly 23,000 people.

Business/Home owners that stayed in New Orleans are starting to bust out firearms to keep looters out. But alot of the looters are people who are trying to feed their families, so its really hard to hate them. Now, for people who think New Orleans deserved to be destroyed because it is a wicked, sinful city... they should be forced to wade through what's left of New Orleans, fish out the dead bodies of all the victims "who deserved to die", and then go to the families of these victims and explain why they deserved to die. (My first thought was that they should be shot, but that is far too kind for them) ASSHOLES!