Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Bless me father, for I have sinned

N.Y. Times just did a story on the blog Post Secret. If you have never seen this blog before, you have to go check it out. Here's the basic premise for this blog: People make their own 4x6 postcard detailing some bad thing they've done that they want to confess. Then, they send in this postcard in the (snail) mail to Post Secret, who then post the card up on their website. Some of the artwork on these postcards is really impressive. I found that I just couldn't stop reading the various postcard confessions. The confessions themselves vary from silly, to absolutely hilarious, to pathetic, all the way to outright sad and tragic. I read the entire site in one trip. You should go check it out. Here's one of my favorites...




Update: I just reread the site. I think I may do it one more time. I'm finding the more I look at these postcards, the more I identify with many of them. And I think I'm a little jealous, because at least these people have the guts to let out their problems.