Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Do not bother me at home

There is nothing that annoys me more than solicitors who show up at my home. Your home is your sanctuary, the place where you go to relax and (hopefully) escape most of your problems. My crappy little apartment is where I go to escape the world, either by imbibing some swill or microwaving my cerebrum(watching television). So when two Chrisitian solicitors decided to show up at my door on Sunday morning, I was none too pleased. Especially when I found out they were trying to push some Christian magazine on me.

Solicitors: So are you familiar with that part of the bible?
Me: I'm not a Christian.
Solicitors: Oh. So then what religion are you?
Me: None.
Solicitors: Oh. And why is that?
Me: Because I don't believe in the supernatural.
(2 seconds of very awkward silence)
Solcitors: Oh. Ok.

Then they tried to push their magazine on me. I guess I'll give them credit for still trying after that exchange. But still, the rule of thumb here is DON'T SOLICIT ME AT HOME DAMMIT!!